Mississippi Auctioneers Association Scholarship
The Mississippi Auctioneers Association is proud to announce availability of an endowed scholarship. This award(s) is available to Mississippi residents who have expressed a sincere interest in becoming a licensed auctioneer in the state of Mississippi and meet the scholarship requirements.
The purpose of the scholarship(s) is to financially assist a deserving individual(s) from Mississippi. in attending auction school. The award will represent a confidence in the individual’s pursuit to obtain required education for licensing at a Mississippi Auctioneer Commission-approved school also approved by the Mississippi Auctioneers Association (MAA) and encourage progress in his/her personal growth with an emphasis on ensuring integrity within the auction industry.
The scholarship will be in the form of tuition/fees credit for attendance at a Mississippi Auctioneer Commission-approved school also approved and/or selected by MAA and will also include a one (1) year membership to MAA immediately following licensure by the state of Mississippi. Awarding of scholarship will be contingent upon funds available.
Listed below are the requirements needed to be met in order to be considered eligible for this scholarship.
- Applicants shall be able to meet all requirements of licensure set forth by the Mississippi Auctioneer Commission with the exception of prior graduation of an auctioneering school. (Requirements for licensing by the state of Mississippi Auctioneer Commission may be viewed at www.auctioneers.ms.gov under Law.)
- Applicants shall have attained the age of eighteen (18) years by no less than two (2) days prior to first day of classes at auctioneer school.
- Applicants must be able to travel to and attend auction school upon awarding of scholarship.
- Applicants must be able to take and complete the exam prescribed by the state of Mississippi Auctioneers Commission within sixty (90) days of auction school graduation. Failure to comply with this requirement may result in the successful applicant having to reimburse MAA for all scholarship funds/credits received.
- Applicants shall provide two (2) letters of recommendation or endorsement demonstrating to MAA that he/she is of good moral character and worthy of public trust from (1.) an auction professional and (2.) a person not related to the applicant who has known the applicant at least three (3) years. Letters of Recommendation or endorsement must be submitted with completed scholarship application
- Applicants shall provide a typed essay expressing need for assistance, desire to become a licensed auctioneer in the state of Mississippi, plans to participate in the auction industry as such, and experience in the auction industry if any. Essay must be submitted with completed scholarship application.
- Applicants shall complete and submit scholarship application and include all required documents to be considered for eligibility.