Mississippi Auctioneer Association Auctioneer Championship is scheduled for Saturday, May 21.
When: Saturday, May 21 | 9 AM
Where: Jeff Martin Auctioneers | Brooklyn, MS
Entry Fee: $125
Entry Deadline: Friday, May 6, 2022
Rules & Criteria:
- The Competition is open to licensed Mississippi Auctioneers in good standing with the Mississippi Auctioneer Commission.
- All entrants must be current members of MAA in good standing. All entrants must be residents of Mississippi.
- Contestants do not have to bring items to be auctioned. The items auctioned during the contest will beprovided by Jeff Martin Auctioneers and the contest will be conducted during their live auction.
- The current champion is not eligible to participate.
- Contestants will represent MAA at all times with high standards of professionalism, commitment, and integrity.
- The Committee will be comprised of five contest judges. Decisions for callbacks will be determined basedon the number of participants.
- Contestants will be evaluated in several categories using a scoresheet.
- Categories include:
- Presentation (30 pts)
- Chant/Voice (30 pts)
- Effective Auctioneering (35 pts)
- Interview (5 pts)
- Mandatory meeting for all contestants at 7:30 AM on contest day for final check-in, contest instructions, and to draw contestant competition order.
- Personal ringmen or aids are not permitted. Professional ringmen will be provided by Jeff MartinAuctioneers. Contestants must bring their own microphone.
- Score sheets are collected/tallied by Contest Committee. MAA President will announce contest winners.
- Contest Committee will determine if there is any discrepancy or irregularity in the contest, and if found, decide the outcome. The decision of the committee will be final.
To register, please fill out the MAA Auctioneer Championship Contestant Form 2022 and return by email or mail to Mississippi Auctioneers Association, Attn: Steve Ryals, 2236 Hwy 49, Brooklyn, MS 39425.